Earlier 2017, the Honor 6X (or Mate 9 Lite to a few), was announced in CES2017. Speculations have confirmed that a Malaysian Launch with pre-order will be available this Valentine’s Day (today!), with deliveries to their new users by 17th of February. It comes in 2 variants; 32gb storage with 3gb RAM, and 64gb storage with 4gb RAM.
The Honor 6X is an upgrade over the Honor 5X, with plenty of upgrades. Here’s a quick rundown on what to expect of the Honor 6X:
- 5.5-inch 2.5D Full HD (1080p @ 403 ppi) display
- Kirin 655 octa-core 2.1GHz processor ( 60% difference in performance over the previous Kirin 650)
- Mali-T830 MP2 CPU
- 32gb + 3gb / 64gb + 4gb with external storage up to 128gb
- 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear camera with wide aperture range from F/0.95 – F/16
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- 3340mAh battery
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Android 6.0 and EMUI version 4.1 out of the box
12 and 2 megapixel camera?
We figured this was a bit odd too, but we understood why. The 2-megapixel camera compliments the main 12-megapixel camera by functioning as a depth-mapping lens that’s for recreating a bokeh-like effect for ultra-blurry backgrounds. It’s no P9 Leica, but for the price it seems pretty good.
In the US, the 3gb variant will retail for $249, and the higher spec 64gb will be $50 more ($299). If we’re coverting, it will be RM 1146 and RM 1347 respectively. Our educated guess for Malaysian pricing will be RM1199 and RM1399, but watch this space when the final prices will be revealed.